In this online workshop, Charles Miano will unlock the secret by sharing his oil painting method. Working in this exciting method will teach you to execute a still life painting in oil from start to finish.
With Miano’s sculptural and mass-oriented approach, you will realize your full potential of seeing. Miano’s method blends a perfect balance of an abstract, free approach with traditional studio technique. Unleash your power of personal expression while maintaining the beauty and naturalness of realism.
Many painting principles will be demonstrated and discussed, including:
- What colors to use and how to mix them
- How to start, using the “grisaille” monochromatic approach.
- How to organize values
- How to simplify the masses of color and their edges
- How to “sculpt” planes with color
- How to interpret anatomy
- How to fully model your focal area
- How to finish a painting
Tuesdays 2:00 PM – Still Life with Fish and Metal
November 17, December 1, 8, 15
Thursdays 2:00 PM – Still Life with Flowers
November 19, December 3,10,17