Facial Features, Forms and Expressions: Sculpture for Painters with Edward Jonas
February 17-18, 2018
Fundamentals of Likeness
An understanding of the proper shape and proportions of the nose, eyes, mouth, and ears will make drawing and painting those surfaces much more successful when you “know” what you are observing.
The class will cover:
- How to properly sculpt facial features.
- What to look for and how to see when sculpting.
- How shapes and forms alter when showing different facial expressions and emotions
- Racial and gender variations and characteristics
- Understanding features that can share a commonality in unique characteristics.
- Thinking visually and then developing your ideas in wax sketches.
- Mold making ideas and options.
- The keys to gaining a likeness and expression in your work.
Workshop fee: $385 + model share